Thursday, June 30, 2011

END OF THE ROMANCE


Welcome to the second post for this new blog dedicated to my photos and comments thereon (i.e. no poems/dream work or endless self-analysis :-D). I may also sometimes post both the orignal and edited versions of photos, with my rationale for the changes. Or whatever else occurs to me to share about a picture. There will also be gradual fiddling with the sidebar contents as I go along. Blogger has made a lot of changes since I last started a blog and my old brains are getting addled. Why oh why do folk fix things when they ain't broke? :-D

The photo above titled "End of the Romance" is one I'll be showing in a July 24th exhibit, here in the retirement community in which I live. I took it in the front office of our adminstration building. We have many wonderful gardens on the grounds and a number of folk who make arrangements of flowers from them. This particular shot puts me in mind of the Japanese idea of "wabi sabi" -- an aesthetic of beauty that recognizes nothing is permanent, nothing is perfect, and nothing is complete, which brings a sort of gentle accepting sadness to things.

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home