Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DREAM CATCHER; & CIRROCUMULUS

I've been working quite a bit recently in black and white. As I may have mentioned here already I like the contrasts it creates that are often much more subtle in the original colors. Not to mention I think I was getting a little bored and needed something other than Photoshop filters with which to amuse myself. "Dream Catcher" (6-19-14 004v15) above is one of many versions I have made from the original photo. (Three others of which were posted here on June 21st.)

Below is a black and white abstract just made from a very new photo, "Cirrocumulus" (6-24-14 002v10). I checked on the various names and shapes for cloud formations and cirrocumulus came the closest to what I see in this pic. Converting to black and white further emphasized the different textures, if you will, of the grey and black squiggles, and the white "clouds." Creating, at least to my eye, the perception that the white floats above the black and grey:

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home