Wednesday, August 29, 2012


I just snapped Summer Sunset (above) the day before yesterday. A friend and I were sitting after dinner on the bench we often stop at, looking right at this. I took a chance that the sun was far enough below the building not to "white out" most of the picture. As I picked it to post to day I realized it offers a nice, shall I say, visual palette cleansing from all the hyper-active ones I've been posting the past few days. It's also of one of my favorite things to photograph on these grounds, the architectural lines and shadows. These buildings and their outside staircases are also an interesting composition challenge, given all the angles and heights/depths involved.

But, as is my wont recently, I could not resist fooling with one of the others from that same batch of pictures, Winter Sunrise (below):


PLEASE NOTE: I've changed the name of this blog to "Trying to Hold a Box of Light," which means it's URL is now: http://tryingtoholdaboxoflight.blogspot.com. To see my photo of the same title that prompted this change, click here.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home