Sunday, August 19, 2012


100 Degrees in the Shade (above) is brand new, just taken yesterday. And, yes, it was a warm day, though I'd say it was rather more muggy than hot. Though where I lunched and visited with a friend most of the afternoon I was quite comfortable -- in a gazebo next to our pool.

Here's another I took yesterday, Eden's Apple:


I keep trying to get a good head-on shot of an epiphyllum bud when it's first out, but have yet to succeed. So wound up going artsy water-color-like with this attempt at that sort of shot. And I was awfully tempted to keep on taking photos all around our grounds yesterday. The sunny warm weather with all the blossoms and foliage made it feel like some pimoridal garden. But I listened to my knee when it gave me pause and stopped after only a couple dozen. Many of which I have yet to really work on.

PLEASE NOTE: I've changed the name of this blog to "Trying to Hold a Box of Light," which means it's URL is now: http://tryingtoholdaboxoflight.blogspot.com

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

2 Comments:

Blogger Eva Yaa Asantewaa said...

Thought of you just yesterday. So it was remarkable to get your notice about the blog's name change. Wishing you all the best. I'll soon be taking The Fool's leap into 60! Many blessings!

August 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, I got the usual notice from my Amazon birthday list that yours is "in the offing." You'll hear from me closer to the happy day. (And only 60? I'm pushing 69. :-D)

August 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home