Saturday, August 17, 2013

THE PIXELATED GREEN MAN

The Pixelated Green Man is a new photo just worked on today. I initially took this photo of my Green Man (which is actually copper colored) paperweight to go with a poem I'm drafting. However, it's face hooked me this morning when I was casting about for something to post here and this is the result. (The Green Man is a common architectural motif throughout history; a face and sometimes entire body made of a leaf or leaves.)

By the way, I'm not using "pixelated" in the title to reference photo pixels, but in its old sense meaning a little crazy. As a child I thought that the word pixelated came from the word pixie. And that made sense to me back then, as if someone had spent too much time with the faeries and was now a little "off."

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home