Monday, May 12, 2014

FIGMENTATION

"Figmentation" (9-12-13 013v5) was just wrestled out of an old photo version already posted here quite some time ago. All I did today was apply the "ocean ripple" filter, fiddle a little with a function I've just recently begun using ("liquify"), and increase the contrast a bit. I was drawn to mess with this old pic because next to the purple/blue range of colors, I've always been a sucker for a spectrum of brights. I do think, however, this pic's center on the left is a wee bit "muddy," if you will. What can I say? At a time like this I take refuge in one of the tenets of the Japanese aesthetic "wabi sabi" -- nothing is perfect. Not that I don't work for perfection (in whatever way I feel it tug at me). Just that it's not truly attainable. Oh my, I just glanced up at my wall (refocusing my eyes as I do every so often at the computer). And saw one of the sayings I have posted there: "Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does." That's not an aesthetic tenet, but it could be a survival tactic. :-)

CELEBRATE OLDER AMERICANS MONTH: MAY 2014!
NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home