Monday, July 7, 2014

SWIMMING UPSTREAM

"Swimming Upstream" (4-6-14 002v9) is a further re-working of yesterday's photo version. It's one of those that tickles me and I'm not quite sure why. Oh, I can pick out suggestive shapes and such, and I do like the unusual-for-me color combo. But it's got me at some other, less conscious level. When this happens I usually suspect ancient visual memory is being triggered and not quite able to swim its way upstream into consciousness. (To further stretch the metaphor in the title, and also what the shapes suggest to me: salmon leaping upstream.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home