Friday, December 5, 2014

ALL WET

"All Wet" (10-15-09 7530e) is a very old photo of mine and I'm actually posting it exactly as I came across it today. I find it funny that the first old folder I opened was one with a slew of rain pix taken during a storm back in fall of 2009. Coincidence? Possibly. But more likely it was unconscious memory. Even back then, before the present drought, a thoroughly soaking rain storm was a welcome event for me. Having lived all my life back east until early 2008, I was more accustomed to regular rain storms. With respect to the current drought, it's actually looking very cloudy outside my window right now. And though we're not slated to get much rain this time, there is another bigger storm due in a few days. May it be so! As to photography, I should really do some reading on how best to photograph wet things so as to better capture the shimmer and shapes. I remember how surprised I was when the watery shadows and rain drop impressions came out at all in this pic.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home