Wednesday, July 29, 2015

ROSE OF WINTER

As I was working on "Rose of Winter" (7-11-13 005v7g) this morning I kept thinking it was actually winter in our rose garden. That's not all that strange as the drought, even with the recently installed drip line, has made the few scraggly blooms it's managing to produce look very wintery indeed. And there are other related issues impacting the roses. I have mixed feelings about my desire to see this garden not only survive but thrive again. This is a high desert climate. We should plan for future droughts and honor the need for water conservation all the time, not just in a drought crisis. Not to mention that there are plants that do well in our sort of climate on very little water. (We have them in other areas of our grounds.) Ah well, it remains to be seen how it will play out for this sweet, much troubled rose garden.

BTW, if you'd like to see another version of this same pic, I posted it with a poem to my dreams & poetry blog this morning.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home