Wednesday, October 28, 2015

THE WAY HOME

"The Way Home" (10-27-15 014v2) is another brand new pic to which I did very little. Basically just a slight cropping, mild contrast adjustment, and then conversion to black and white. If it looks familiar it's because I take lots of pix of these stairs/shadows; they're a favorite photo subject of mine. I had to stop myself right now from morphing it into other versions, from playing around with those contrasts and angles. There's time for that later. I'm also curious about a sepia toned one ... and when I inverted the original full color one, well, lots of ideas started popping there for additional fudging. Smile. (BTW, the full color version doesn't quite work. That area in the upper right stands out too much as it's a slightly different color than anywhere else in the pic. And no matter how I tried to adjust that, I couldn't get it right without it messing with the other colors in the pic as well. I even tried a somewhat smaller crop to reduce that area's portion of the total photo. That just ruined the overall impact of the pic.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.


* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home