Monday, November 30, 2015

DENIZEN OF THE DEEP

"Denizen of the Deep" (5-18-11 10998v3a) was just morphed this morning from an old photo. I'm a sucker for these bright colors, especially when on black. I was also happy the "surface blur" effect worked as it did in combination with the filter called "glowing lines." One of the things I've been doing much more is taking pains to adjust any particular filter's effect when it has such options. In this case, thickening the "glowing lines" ever so slightly, and taking quite some time to see which combination of radius and threshold changes under the "surface blur" filter I wanted. BTW, there are many other filters and such underneath these I've just referenced. These two were just the last and offered the finishing results. Ooops, tell a lie, I also decreased midtones to drop out an excess of hazy background lines, which increased the contrast between color and black.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home