Friday, January 22, 2016

AROUND THE BEND

"Around the Bend" (8-17-10 10011v2) is from a old photo I've always liked but had trouble with. Over the years I've cropped it an endless number ways. This morning when I came across it I thought for the first time that it's fine just as it is, shadow on the left, pole in the sky, etc. So I just did some fine tuning of colors, one application of diffuse, and a wee bit of cropping to the proper dimensions for my online printer (as I always do with pix, anticipating I may want copies). I wonder will I look at it again (and other pix I've had the same experience with recently), down the line, and still like it. Folk frequently say that I've really got an "eye." They should only know how that eye's perceptions change over time. I'd like to think that's good, that it indicates growth (and not just of my cataracts, and that's only partly a joke). BTW, this pic was taken in San Luis Obispo; I'd accompanied a friend on a car trip there.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home