Tuesday, February 23, 2016

GENEROSITY

"Generosity" (4-15-14 037v5) is an old version of an even older pic that I further fudged with today. Yep, still not taking a whole lot of new pix. And not all that interested in fooling around with those that I do. Not sure why my new pix -- for the most part -- just aren't calling to me. (Maybe once they've brewed a bit. Smile.) Anyway, this figurine often catches my attention and I have many pix of it. I took this one from this particular angle because I liked how those irises appeared to rest on the figure's shoulder. (I was recently told [not about this pic] by a trained photographer, that a figure or motion should not point close to an edge out of a photo. Well, first of all I think rules are made to be broken, with artful care, of course. Second, in this case I think those irises balance any imbalance the figure's gaze so close to/out of the frame might create. That same photog also shared other "rules," such as the one of "thirds." Well, I was well aware of that one; it just feels right. However, I've also broken that rule and, in my untrained opinion, find going against it can make for a strong photo. If thoughtfully done. Smile, you've just witnessed some of what a full moon's advent does to my mood. Even more stubborn than usual.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home