Friday, March 4, 2016

FIRST ROSE OF WINTER

"First Rose of Winter" (3-3-16 002v3) is that realistic pic I mentioned that's the source for yesterday's two morphs. Did some fussing with it. I used a filter called dark strokes (adjusting its parameters for the first time, that was fun!) to emphasize edges a bit more. Then I applied diffuse to soften the scratchy angles dark strokes introduces, and sharpened it a bit to counter the diffuse's blurring. I did some color fussing along the way, but didn't save it as that fuchsia and those leaves didn't really need it. Because when I took the pic I'd taken the time (I'm often too impatient to do so) to change the auto setting to portrait. Yeah, isn't that strange? Portrait with this camera works better outdoors in less bright light than close up. And it will auto-flash if the light is way too low. Portrait also tends to work better indoors than any other setting, even on more distant shots. So, I ask myself, why am I not using it more often? Good question, and so I will. (Of course, as I typed that I recalled how portrait when it flashes can sometimes produce a sort of outlining of shapes. Well, I'll just have to get used to taking shots with a couple of different settings. I already take shots from different angles, and holding my camera both vertically and horizontally. What's a little bit more fussing?)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home