Tuesday, June 28, 2016

PEACE WALK

I just took a slew of different shots of this stone labyrinth this morning ("Peace Walk" 6-28-16 012v2a). That's a bit of St. Michael's Church, in Isla Vista just a few blocks from where I live, in the mid-background. I've been wanting to get shots of this labyrinth for a long time but haven't been able to walk this far as I can't rely on there being a bench or stoop when I have to rest. But I finally did what I've been threatening to do for months: I took my walker which has a seat. I swallowed my pride (and my not wanting my neighbors to think I'm worse off than ever) for the sake of doing something I really wanted to. And I'm really glad I did. And I only had to sit on the walker seat twice: after taking the first round of shots, and then again after walking the labyrinth. Yes! I walked that labyrinth, too. I have a tube taped to the side of my walker in which I always carry my walking stick when I use my walker (heretofore just to haul heavy things, like laundry and big cartons). So I was able to walk slowly around and more fully appreciate the stones. I have to admit though I made it to the center I did not walk it back out, but cheated. However, doing it at all was much more than I'd thought I'd be up to when I planned this trial outing using my walker-cum-seat. Not to mention I have voluminous notes for a poem (or maybe several, that remains to be seen). I also have a bunch of shots, though I'm not all that delighted with them. This (and one or two others) are about the best of the bunch. But, again, that I got there to get any shots at all makes me very happy.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home