Wednesday, October 19, 2016

SKIRTED BY THE STORM

"Skirted by the Storm" (10-19-16 005v2) was just taken yesterday and fussed with a little bit this morning. I don't think I've ever seen the high tide so high or so active. I'm assuming it's because a rain storm passed us by, but agitated the ocean. (Maybe someday I'll look into how one gets a straight edged, far distant ocean horizon in a pic. [This one looks even more rounded in the original, wider crop.] I.e., is it an impossibility? Or would a different sort of camera compensate? Yet, some shots I take from this view don't "bend" at all. Is it determined by what height and angle at which I'm holding the camera? I've also noted the "rounding" tends to appear more often when I shoot in the direction this shot was taken [to the left], or off in the other direction [to the right]. Straight ahead? Not so much.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home