Thursday, November 9, 2017

DIFFERENT PATHS

"Different Paths" (11-9-17 017v2) was the last pic I took after my walk today -- on my way back into the retirement community grounds where I live. (That building is across the street from our grounds. It's for scholars who are visiting the University of CA at Santa Barbara. UCSB is where I often walk to.) Nice change for me from morphing pix of myself as I've been doing the past few days. Wish I could get the rest of my focus off myself, too. But it seems that the old (or young, or any age) brain has the say. I'm reading a new book on meditation, ALTERED TRAITS. And just as I've read elsewhere previously, it's encouraging to hear again that our brains are rather more plastic than we think. The bad news? Again, something I've gathered before in reading, any lasting deep changes take a lot of consistent work. Good news? No age limit. Sigh. I'd rather just pop out of persistent depression by taking pix and writing poems and maneuvering my walker around Isla Vista and environs, and even sometimes by being with people (that's a recent development). But I'll finish the book and maybe get energized to meditate regularly. If I only reach the occasional temporary changes level, that would be an improvement. Ooops! This is supposed to be a photo blog, isn't it? And I like today's pic quite a lot. Realistic, good focus, interesting subject (at least to me). True, the colors were difficult to deal with and not ideal now but the best I could come up with. Again I wonder how much my advancing cataracts effect my color perception .... Also, this pic is probably best viewed in a larger version, so just click on the image if you're interested.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home