Thursday, August 30, 2012


Diving for Seed Pearls (above) is a revision I just made yesterday of a photo I took this spring. I keep imagining that anyone who stumbles across this blog familiar with digital photo editing will immediately recognize my fondness (over-use?) of inverting the colors in a picture. So be it. I like the change in depth and emphasis it creates, and I usually change the colors even more. In this case, the above is straight inversion of the colors (with some very minor brightening).

I also really like the original (it's one I've used in a greeting card design and posted here previously) The Jewel in the Lotus, posted below to illustrate what inverting (as I tend to call it, reversing) the colors does:


And last today, The Seeding of a Solar System, below, was taken of a rose on the same bush as in "Diving for Seed Pearls." Another picture for which I inverted the colors. But in this one I did a great deal of color manipulation even after that to arrive at a result I felt good about:


PLEASE NOTE: I've changed the name of this blog to "Trying to Hold a Box of Light," which means it's URL is now: http://tryingtoholdaboxoflight.blogspot.com. To see my photo of the same title that prompted this change, click here.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home