Monday, April 8, 2013


Opening to Orange, above, was just edited this morning, from a very new photo. It's actually of a wide open yellow rose; go figure why I wanted not only to crop it this way but change its color. I'll blame the urges on the perverse mood I've been in, on and off, for quite some time.

And below is Making Way for Pink, from the same original picture:


Ah, just thought of something else on which to blame at least the colors of the above edits. I was talking yesterday with a friend who's found herself using more warm colors in her bead work. I'd noticed I've been exploring warmer colors quite a bit more myself recently. Even sometimes retaining the warmer end of the spectrum in my final edits. Maybe it has to do with spring and the warming weather? Dunnoh. All I know is I'm somewhat uncomfortable with the above colors. (And they tend also to be more difficult to work with in the dinky editing programs I have. The focus goes wonky even more readily.) However, new shoes are also uncomfortable. I'll see as I go along what fit I eventually make of colors outside my usual preferences.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home