Wednesday, July 31, 2013

PORTRAIT

Portrait was just edited this morning from an almost three year old photo. It was inspired by a gorgeous glossy book of color pictures of paintings I was looking at yesterday. All "modern" art, much of it totally non-representational and some of it so minimal as to leave me, well, uninterested. However, except for those few minimalist paintings (I've tried, I really have tried to appreciate minimalist art, I just can't) the book is a great treat. It now has yellow sticky notes flapping off its edges so I can readily find those I was most moved and intrigued by. What surprised me was how often I saw effects in those paintings that I have chased after in my photos, though often taken much further especially with human figures. Therefore, this photo today. By the way, in its original form this is of a friend.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home