Tuesday, July 23, 2013

METEMPSYCHOSIS

Metempsychosis is a four year old photo, just re-worked today. It's also another of those with a title that's "bigger" than it is (this is literally a small photo, cropped way down). But I am feeling reborn, now that the full moon is here and its usual intense negative effects on my mood have begun to wane a bit. In any case, metempsychosis is such a fabulous sounding word. And given the mixed affect (if you will) of this picture, I particularly like that it contains "psychosis" within it. Back to photography: I applied the plastic wrap filter, and changed color ranges and saturation, fudging with mid-tones as well.

BTW, when I go into how I created certain effects it's not so much for any reader of this blog. I assume that most folk know even better than I do how editing programs work (especially Photoshop). I mostly list the process so that I will recall. Even right after finishing a photo on which I've done extensive editing I can sometimes have forgotten the particular combinations of functions I've applied. I'd worry that my almost 70 year old memory is getting even worse. However, I think it has more to do with the state of consciousness I'm in when editing. It's a fantasy state, not pragmatic at all, but about going after/responding to something unknown. How's that for a rationalization of one's aging brain?

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home