Sunday, July 21, 2013

CAULDRON OF SUMMER

Cauldron of Summer is a new photo, just edited today. It's also one of those I keep coming back to; this is the second version I have saved (and was the umpteenth attempt at one). I'm ambivalent about the sort of hazy look, yet it seems consistent with steamy summer weather. (Which fortunately we don't get here in Goleta, at least the five summers I've lived here and based on my experience of New York City in summer.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.


* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no artist but this is wonderful. It reminds me of Georgia O'Keeffe's flower paintings.

Thank You ,
martin gottlieb cohen

August 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Oh my, thanks for your comment. And you are not the first to say that some of my photos remind her or him of Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings. I actually titled the first one of a flower center that showed up on my screen with that resemblance "After Georgia O'Keeffe." (Waaaaaay "after," I might add. Trailing in the dust humbly and hopefully. :-D) I haven't ever consciously tried to make something like hers, but I do seem to have her images stored away deeply. Now to your other two comments.

August 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home