Sunday, August 18, 2013

SHADOWS & REFLECTIONS

Shadows & Reflections is a new photo, just edited. I like it, but am not really all that content with it. I guess it's obvious it's a bit "overworked." Whenever I try shots of this cherub, or any statuary in our gardens, I have a difficult time of it. They are among so many trees, bushes, plants that cast such intriguing shadows ... what to emphasize, what to cut out, what to change ... then there's always one or two distracting elements in just the wrong place for any crop I like that's too much, say, to just "paint" out ... 'tis a puzzlement. Seems both my initial "eye" for taking a shot and then my photoshop skills really need some development. All that said, I still sort of like this picture.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home