Monday, January 20, 2014

AT THE EDGE OF MIDNIGHT; & THE MOURNING TREE

At the Edge of Midnight (8-5-09 5009v5), above, is one of my oldest pix, just fudged with this morning. And like both pix I'm posting here today, it holds (at least to my eye) the promise of life and growth. There's a whole bunch of Photoshop functions in this pic plus some MS Picture Manager adjustments. By the way, both of these pix look better in smaller versions (i.e. as they appear on the blogger screen, rather than clicking on them for a larger view). They were taken with my first camera with a low pixel count.

The Mourning Tree (8-5-9 5006ev2), above, is from the same folder as "At the Edge of Midnight." I used a slew of functions on it and did some color inverting and re-inverting, etc.

I can't say I'm delighted with these pix. However, I will confess a growing attachment to "The Mourning Tree." Maybe simply because I can still see the original tree beneath all the messing around I did. A tree that I am very fond of and miss being able to take the long walk to visit. Which is, by the way, naturally twisty. I did not change any of the shapes in the pic in Photoshop.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home