Sunday, February 23, 2014

KURLIAN ROSE

Kurlian Rose (4-29-12 11817ev2) is from an old photo just re-visioned recently and tweaked a little bit today. I don't think I've ever gotten this sort of effect before and may never again. I can't recall what series of Photoshop functions I applied to it, but I know it was a lot of them, with several color inversions/re-inversions in between. All I did today was to take the colors more towards red and gold (from pink and nearly white), and to saturate them somewhat. And "Kurlian" in the title? From "Kurlian photography" which is a "collection of techniques used to capture the phenomenon of electrical coronal discharges" of things both living and inert.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home