Friday, March 14, 2014

REACHING OUT

Reaching Out (3-14-14 023v2) was just taken yesterday and worked on this morning. It's one of the few in the considerable batch of pix I took that I like. And I've now discovered the disadvantage to a wide angle lens camera. It exaggerates angles at a distance from the central focus of the pic. I also see the advantage when taking landscapes. However, the vast majority of those photos I take are close to at most mid-range shots so this is problematic. I took what would have been a nice shot of the flowers and leaves in "Reaching Out" from a mid-distance, that included the sidewalk, background buildings/windows, and a wall on one side. And due to the wide angle lens, the straight lines of the walk, buildings, windows, and wall were all skewed way out of line. And they would not have been with my Samsung, non-wide angle lens camera. At the very most I might have had to crop the farthest edges and/or tilt the pic a bit. Sigh. Seems I may have to carry both cameras with me. Or just live with this Fujifilm's limitations until I get that smartphone I will inevitably have to get.

Anyway, back to "Reaching Out." For some reason I'm tickled each season by these little blossoms and their leaves, and that "straight laced" grass that grows near them, when they burst forth. There's such a fervid response to the sun, a hunger.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home