Tuesday, July 8, 2014

INTERMEZZO; & MITOTIC MANIA

Today's pic was just taken on my mid-morning walk yesterday. (I now have - I've really got to curb this growing tendency :-D -- 17 versions of it. In my defense, most will probably be deleted before day's end.) The above "Intermezzo" (7-7-14 001v7) really, for me, captures what I feel when looking at this sort of scene, this time of year. I tried it in various sorts of black and white (different ones increase/decrease contrasts, and bring out or reduce areas of gray). But none highlighted that wonderful scintillating light like a little color saturation and the accented edges filter did to produce "Intermezzo." And below is the result of my usual inability to leave well enough alone, "Mitotic Mania" (7-7-14 001v17):

Anyone familiar with Photoshop will probably immediately recognize the stained glass filter in "Mitotic Mania" (along with a couple other filters, as well). Then I did a little bit of global color saturation.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home