Sunday, July 27, 2014

PRAISE FOR THE NIGHT; & EVENSONG

Well, guess it's progress to be able to say I have a slightly better response to these two today than I have been having to my pix for some time. Above is "Praise for the Night" (8-23-09 5990v2) and below is "Evensong" (823-09 5990v3):

I think what I may like most about these two versions is that they are realistic. That what I saw in the rose "live" wound up on my screen -- those fabulous shapes and shadows of the petals. As to the overall composition/cropping? Not sure. But I don't want it to become static by cropping so that the rose is dead center. And any other way of cropping takes something ineffable away. Not to mention (as I'm about to :-D) that I find that lawn line in the background is at an awkward level. But, hey, I don't pretend to be a great photographer. So I'll just leave these two be, and live with these unsureties leavened by the joy of the shadows. (BTW, this is very old photo with a low pixel count. I kept holding my breath as I worked on it today, fearful it was going to go wonky any second. And praise be, it didn't.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home