Sunday, July 20, 2014

SHADOWS COME IN ALL COLORS; GIVING UP THE GHOST; & JOURNEY INTO BURLWOOD

All three of the pix here today are from a photo of a collage I made two days ago. I cut the pieces from a stash of old photos of mine that just didn't work, for one reason or another, once I saw them in print. I've been using the backs of these old 4"X6" pix as filler for a notepad. Then I had a dream two days ago about shadows having color and felt urged to make a collage. Yeah, I could have used magazine pix or cut from the several old calendars I've saved. But felt challenged to use some of these "lost" pix in a creative way. Sad to say (at least for me) and not unexpected, I'm not over the moon about the resulting collage. (Though it may not actually be finished. I've got an itch to do some acrylic painting on it or maybe even use colored markers, or both. All that in addition to the glitter paints in various colors I have already painted between the shapes. I'm a sucker for glitter.) But despite the let down, I had the urge to take a photo of the collage and fool with that. These three here today are only a few of what I've come up with. Above is "Shadows Come In All Colors" (7-19-14 001v12). Below is "Giving Up The Ghost" (7-19-14 001v9):

And last below, a huge departure from the collage, is "Journey Into Burlwood" (7-19-14 001v10):

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home