Tuesday, July 15, 2014

UP PERISCOPE; & READY FOR MORNING

Both pix here today are a year old (ever so slightly tweaked this morning). I took many pix of the two scaffolds we had on our grounds at the time. The one in these two pix was for water line repair work, I believe. The above is "Up Periscope" (6-22-13 017v4) and the one below is "Ready for Morning" (6-22-13 017v4):

Although I did fool around with the colors in both of these, the colors and "feel" of that view really were quite different at different times of the day. And that's what I tried to emphasize with the color fussing I did on each.

BTW, I have mixed feelings about that slanting overhang in the upper right of "Ready for Morning." But have decided just to leave it be as on viewing the photo in various sizes it has a different impact in each. Sigh, as I'm seeing more and more, not only scale effects a photo's visual balance. But what sort of background it's presented on (color or black, say, or solid or patterned), along with the light in which it's viewed. Not to mention that issue I keep having with some photo colors being rather different when viewed here in blogger, from any other program I look at them in. Or (this list is endless) how photo paper copies differ from screen views, and even where I get the prints from (my printer or online). Guess I'm spoiled by the WYSIWYG of posting and printing my poems. But once in a while this photo game of chance is actually welcome as it shows up a flaw, or highlights something positive. I also have to admit if I were more tech minded I might be able to adjust things such as how colors appear on my screen. But I'd rather just hold my breath and hope for the best. Nothing's perfect. And most certainly not my pix, whether accurately presented online, on screen, or in print, or not.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home