Tuesday, August 12, 2014

FRIENDSHIP MANOR STAIRCASE (version 1 & 2)

The original for both these pix was taken yesterday, in one of several favorite places to sit and wool gather, or write. Looking the other way is also a view of which I frequently try to get decent shots. (BTW, there's a round table and chairs just behind where I stood to take this shot. Also, I used my wide angle lens camera again. Am going to continue using it and see how it goes as I do like the little extra clarity of the pix that show up on my computer screen.)

Below is a black and white version. It was quite a challenge to get just the right contrast. As I've said before, different ways of converting to b&w produce different contrasts, highlight different areas. Which then changes what grabs the viewer's eye. And of course I could not resist trying to improve upon each of those various ways by fussing further with contrast and brightness. But I finally settled on this version as it seems the most balanced visually:

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home