Saturday, August 30, 2014

GANESH EMERGENT

Some explanation for "Ganesh Emergent" (7-23-09 4124v2). Last night was the start of Ganesh Chaturthi, the 10 day Hindu Festival (this year 8-29 to 9-8) celebrating the birthday of Ganesh. Although I am not Hindu, and spiritual only in a very general way, I do have a great fondness for Ganesh. I've been observing this festival for many years, setting up a small altar to Him, offering a little gift each evening, and generally enjoying and learning from what comes to mind and heart as I sit there for a while. In India, at the end of the festival a huge statue of Ganesh is dunked in the Ganges. To me that talks of Him being returned to where He's always been, our unconscious. And therein lies the connection to today's pic that I just morphed out of a very old photo. If He's to be returned to the waters of the unconscious that implies that He emerged. Normally I'd color a Ganesh pic with much orange and some red, as those are His favorite colors. But here He's just emerged, and is still dripping with the mysteries of the watery unconscious. (BTW, I did not morph that twisty tree shape; it's how that tree grew.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home