Thursday, October 16, 2014

BIRD IN TREE

"Bird in Tree" (10-7-14 006v2a) is another of those I'll initially say I've little to say about and probably wind up nattering on. And here I go ... to my eye it's, well, bland. Yet it tickles me. Probably because I could see it accompanied by a haiku since I think of it as a blossoming cherry tree (a rather traditional haiku subject, that, cherry blossoms).  And of course the vaguely parchment paper color adds to the sense of an ancient Japanese ink painting. Though these lines are far fussier than any I've seen in Japanese brush drawings. But it's still reminiscent of such. And therefore as I say above, tickles me. Even prompting me to write a haiku:

the branch and singing bird
blend in fluttering shadows
cherry blossoms

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home