Sunday, March 15, 2015

HUMMINGBIRD

"Hummingbird" (2-29-15 002v10c) is a new morph of a rather new pic, for which I've already made several other versions. The original is not of a hummingbird, the other lines and shapes in the pic just wound up suggesting one to my eye as I fudged with it. We have a hummingbird nest in a ficus tree on the Promenade of our grounds right now. (In fact, that tree on the far left of the unfussed with pic I posted yesterday.) Although I've tried getting shots of the nest and the little beak I see poking up from it, it's a huge challenge. Nature's genius design is doing it's job, making the nest very hard to see much less capture in a photo. At least for this amateur with a simple compact digital camera and little tech savvy. Not to mention that each year I'm very concerned about disturbing the mother at her nest whatever tree she's in, so that I stand at quite a remove. In any case, that's why I've got hummingbirds on the brain today ...

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home