Wednesday, July 1, 2015

DAY LILY

"Day Lily" (6-30-15 004v4) is a brand new edit of a spanking new pic (for a change). A friend and I have been watching the bunch of day lilies this is in, bud and open for a few days now. The early evening I took these pix they were the most beautiful they'd been so far. At the time I was concerned about the light being a bit low, but (you should pardon the pun) took a shot at some pix anyway. It turns out the light was fine. The problem is in the background. All sorts of schmutz and distractions. I may yet reclaim a more distant shot that includes an open flower, a bud, and another partially open one. But it's already taken a lot of work to find a good crop and needs a great deal more on background clean up. Some other day for that. In the meantime I had fun with today's crop and editing. It looks like a color pencil sketch to me. Or a crayoned page in a children's coloring book. The latter is probably what appeals to me most (smile).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home