Saturday, August 29, 2015

DESPITE THE DROUGHT

I've loved standing people (an American Indian name for trees) since earliest childhood. And this one was the first I fell in love with when I moved here to CA 7-1/2 years ago. I've since added many other trees to my love list, some no longer around and some I can't take the long walk anymore to visit. "Despite the Drought" (8-18-15 009v2) is one of those pix that looks better in a larger version. So just click on the pic if you're interested. Its focus leaves a bit to be desired (though the tree's leaves are pretty clear). I took it with my new camera before I'd even read the manual and learned how to change settings for close up pix and distant ones, etc. The day I took this (and a bunch of others) I was just aiming (you should pardon the pun) to see how the camera would do on it's basic auto setting. Not bad, I'd say. Especially as I was even further away from this scene than the crop would indicate.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home