Saturday, April 23, 2016

SUN WORSHIP

"Sun Worship" (5-2-10 10011v8) is of one of my all time favorite pic subjects, canna leaves, and the source photo is almost 6 years old. This year's canna leaves are no where near as inviting as that year's were at the pre-blossom stage. (Probably due to a combo of the drought and lack of care.) But they're still lovely when the sun hits them a certain way. I look at them regularly from a chair on the second floor balcony of our library, that overlooks the pool and this canna stand. As to this pic, I fussed at it a bit, but mostly just a little cropping, diffusing, and sharpening. I then color adjusted it slightly to bring the green out a bit more. Almost always when I take pix of these leaves they come out much more thoroughly red than they actually are. That usually works for me, but for this pic I wanted the green, too. To balance those bright areas that are almost whited out by the sunlight. And re: those sort of whited out areas, I'm still uncertain about them. But not because I don't like the effect, I do. It's that critic in the back of my mind saying that anyone viewing this will see them as a mistake, a wannabe photog's lack of judgment. Ah, well, so be it. I like them in the over all setting of this pic.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home