Saturday, May 21, 2016

SEARCHING FOR SEPIA

"Searching for Sepia" (2-16-16 002v2) was just fussed out of a few months' old pic. (That building is somewhat further along at this point, but not as much as one might think.) The title comes out of exactly that: trying to find the exact sepia tone I wanted, and did not get. Well, not exactly true. I could get the tone, but then the pic took on a rather hazy aspect I did not like. Or that lighter area that crosses in the middle would be too bright and take over the pic. And it already bisects the photo, making me a wee bit uncomfortable. It's always something, isn't it? I'm again reminded of the quote (my paraphrasing) that a piece of art is never finished, just abandoned. Or as I might put it today, one just gives up the frustrating search and embraces what one has.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home