Wednesday, September 7, 2016

GANESH GALORE IN IRELAND

I've been remiss! Ganesh Chaturthi started yesterday and although I've been observing it each evening as always, I'd forgotten about my usual posting of Ganesh pix here. Just in case you don't know, this is the birthday festival of Ganesh (the elephant headed Hindu deity). Statues and figurines are clustered on altars in homes and in temples everywhere, and gifts offered. I'll post some pix of my own little crowded altar here, around the end of the festival.

This pic I'm posting today (copied off the internet) is of a few of the many Ganesh's in a park in Wicklow Ireland. Given my (somewhat) Irish heritage I think that's a good way to begin posting for Ganesh Chaturthi.

BTW, I should note that I see Ganesh as just one of the many, many faces and aspects of the great unknowable we call God, or better, the Great Spirit. Or my favorite term: the Great Mystery. For I do not believe that my little all too human mind can comprehend that which everything comes out of and to which it returns. That I can only handle the tiniest portion of its vastness, and even then in rare moments of mysticism. But I do have a few favorite aspects/faces (i.e. Deities) that give my human need to comprehend some bit of comfort with their presence. Ganesh being "First Among Equals."

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home