Friday, November 10, 2017

THE CHANNELS EMERGE

I just fussed "The Channels Emerge" (11-2-17 035v2a) into shape today from a very recent pic. The day was slightly hazy but I'm not sure if that comes across. Or if the way I've worked at the color/contrasts just looks "off." I'd have left the colors/contrast alone but they were bleached out in the original. Be that as it may, I enjoy this pic as it's only in the past, oh, ten days or so that the Channel Islands have been visible again. They "disappear" for months during the year and emerge once more. I haven't quite got their "schedule" down yet, so the change is always a surprise. Of course, weather also effects how visible they are or aren't. There's a map at the fence of this overlook park that has the names of the various islands in this chain. But I don't have those memorized, either. From what folk have said when I get back from a walk and mention that the islands were out, the one seen here is the largest of the bunch.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home