Thursday, December 7, 2017

PAS DE TROIS; & A POINTILLIST DREAM

"Pas de Trois" (12-6-17 007v3) was just taken yesterday and worked on this morning. The scene may look familiar as I've posted other pix of this area of trees. It's only yards from where I frequently sit and write poetry. As I approach my sitting spot, I sometimes have been taking pix along the way. If the sun isn't too bright, that is. Unfortunately, there are major wild fires not far from I.V. right now and that's what gave the light a somewhat helpful haze yesterday. And here below is another version of almost the same shot, "A Pointillist Dream" (12-6-17 005v5d). As the "texture" of "Pas de Trois" evolved to look a wee bit like a painting, I began to see a vague resemblance to Impressionism in it -- can you tell that by where I took the below pic? :-) Maybe what draws me to Impression -- besides its beauty and how it approaches the edges of the abstract at times -- is my recognition of the idea underlying it: we do not see the thing itself, but the light bouncing off of it (try clicking on the below for a larger version to see the details):

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home