Saturday, April 14, 2018

A COVEY OF SPRING MISSiLES

"A Covey of Spring Missiles" (4-13-18 024v2) was just taken two days ago and fussed with this morning. Not exactly over the moon about it (some missiles don't go very far, do they?), but I'm so fond of these blossoms and their rather phallic early stage shapes I'm posting the pic anyway. I also really enjoy their fully open state, like bright colored trumpets in the sunlight. In fact, when I walked back this same way maybe an hour later that largest blossom had begun to unfurl its trumpet petal shape. I'd've taken a shot but the deepening shadows made even the slim chance of it coming out highly doubtful. And it was an extremely high-wind day ... hey, you try to keep your walker and baseball cap from blowing away as you balance precariously on arthritic knees, and all while trying to assess, frame, and snap a pic! Who's an octopus?

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home