Friday, May 18, 2018

A LOSS TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD

"A Loss to the Neighborhood" (5-13-18 017v2) was just now fussed from the original pic I took a few days ago. I took a slew of shots from different angles, and distances from this stump, hoping for a good shot. Didn't get any I'm all that happy with, but at least I have a memorial record of it's demise. I don't want to forget this tree, of which I also have shots before it was cut down. Not as many now as I wished I'd taken. It was one of my favorite trees to sit beneath, to rest and/or write, and/or to have conversations with passersby. Across that road on the near right is a relatively new residence for the homeless, Pescadero Lofts. I've had many a pleasant chat with a resident of the Lofts, not to mention the many residents of the retirement community I live in (way back behind those trees in the far distant right). In the ten years I've been living here I've seen many, many wonderful large trees cut down. Not to be too sentimental, as I recognize that the drought and other issues sometimes necessitate it. But I've begun to feel that Standing People (an American Indian name for trees) pay a high price for living around humans.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home