Wednesday, June 20, 2018

CATCH & RELEASE

"Catch & Release" (5-13-18 032) is one of 57 (!) new pix I took about a week ago. I've been saying here how maybe taking new pix is what I needed to do to get out of this kinda, sorta photography slump. As much fun as it is working on one or more of the thousands of old pix I have, there's nothing like new ones to spur me on. What it took to get me to snap new ones, though, was a comment by a friend. She said she couldn't really imagine what I see on my long walks other than sidewalks and maybe some flat green lawns. Well, I took that as a challenge (:-D) and when I next went walking wound up taking 57 pix. Among them, this one. It's of one of my favorite trees to sit under and rest and/or write. Unusual for my pix, I only had to crop it a wee bit. But I did do a lot of fussing with the color/contrast. Also unusual, I didn't take much time or care to "making art" with any of the 57 pix (e.g., fussing and moving around to frame the pic just right, or not taking some I could tell would be too burned out by even the hazy sunlight). And surprisingly, some of the pix turned out better than most I really "work" at before snapping. I'll probably post more here from this batch in the future.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home