Thursday, October 25, 2012


All Hallow's Eve is one of my really old pictures, that I made this new version of this morning. Halloween and the week or so leading up to it, is a particularly raucus time where I live. Our retirement community is a little bubble of an anomaly in blocks and blocks of University of California/Santa Barbara student housing. And the students are generally, shall I say, celebratory every weekend. But Halloween? UCSB is famous for it's wild Halloween partying that draws crowds of out-of-towners as well. I'm not complaining. Being a former life-long New York City resident, I am able to concentrate or sleep through almost anything. I'm just commenting on the particular trappings of this season where I now live. Though I must admit hearing the ambulance/first responder sirens approaching is a bit nerve wracking on a "normal" weekend, much less Halloween. Until they pass by I can't know whether or not it's one of our retirement community residents to be taken to the hospital (which does happen regularly).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home