Friday, February 15, 2013


Morning Tide is a very old photo. Maybe the first one with which I stumbled into more willfull editing when on cropping it, it's entire aspect changed. This is a very small portion of the original picture, which I don't even have anymore. (I stopped deleting originals once I realized I'd been possesed by the re-edit bug. And that was fairly early on in my first year of photo taking.) I've always wished this one's resolution were better; it was taken with my first low pixel count camera. But I settled for deliberately blurring it a bit more at some point, aiming for a more watercolor-like look. There are other little things about it I would change but can't because it would involve more cropping which would send the resolution totally wonky. (E.g., crop it so that central large leaf/blade is more off-center.) But for all its glitches I'm still fond of it. Possibly because I can still remember where I took it on a lovely long morning walk, taking photos along the way.

BTW, I’ve found a work around for that blogger photo posting problem I was having. Odd thing is, the problem was first reported and supposedly fixed in early January, at which time they announced a work around. Well, of course their work around no longer works or maybe it just doesn’t on my old computer. But their instructions gave me an idea for how I’m getting new coding for posting now.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home