Sunday, February 3, 2013


The Black Rose, above, is a fairly recently re-worked version of a really old photo. I've had it on the back burner for some time, not being all that content with it. But as with many of my efforts in the past few months, there's also something about it I like despite the visual uneasiness I felt as I posted it. The title by the way is that of an old "historical" romance novel I read as a teenager and loved (later, a movie that never matched my memory of the book, of course). "The Black Rose" was the beautiful beleagured central character. And I remember also that in Europe at the time of the novel's setting cloves were known as black roses.

Here's another version I just made now, with which I'm no more happy and maybe a bit less as the resolution degraded even further. Though I do like the painting or drawing-like effect, I don't like when those little boxes begin to appear. So what do I like here? The shapes and "movement" of those petals. Ah well, for whatever it may be worth here's Hiding from the Light:


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home