Wednesday, January 23, 2013

THE CHASM


The Chasm is today's re-working of a two and a half year old photo. It was a surprise to see this echoing of the atmosphere of a very old, very lengthy poem of mine show up on my computer screen. A poem based on dream in which I was inching along a log stretched out across a huge chasm in a cavern. Yet there was a fantasy land beauty to it all. It's also interesting (if I may depart further from the issue of photography) that in one of my dreams last night a young man and I were struggling to balance our ways across a chasm on a rope bridge.

But I suppose it's not so surprising that an echo of both dreams would show up in a picture I edited today. Whether I intended certain results or not, my unconscious surely all too well knows the effects of the various functions in my photo editing programs. Which today -- to get back to the above photo -- were color inverting with a little bit of subsequent saturation and sharpening.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home