Monday, March 18, 2013


Sentimental Journey was just edited this morning, and taken a couple days ago but there's nothing new in my approach here. Close up center of a flower, sepia tones slightly saturated, and focus fooled with a bit to try to get a painting-like or old photo grainy look. By the way, I did much more than that trying for the effects I wanted and kept reverting to the original to start over. Which is typical of most photos I work on. Anyway, the journey to this version was sentimental, indeed. However, it has occurred to me that once I have a more modern editing program, new tools at my disposal might enourage -- not to mention allow -- new approaches. And also as I've said ad nauseum here, once I have a new camera the basic template of the photo will be in better shape, both focus and resolution. All that said, I hasten to add that I'm not making excuses. Simply acknowledging the influences impinging on my recent creative slough and admittedly limited tech skills.

Just an aside. This photo has also turned out to be another possible version of The Wheel of Fortune in my Found Tarot (digital tarot deck; see link to Roswila's Tarot Gallery & Journal in sidebar).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home