Thursday, March 14, 2013


The Dream Tree is yet another from that new batch of photos I've been working on, just edited this morning. Clearly, I'm indulging my love of the purple/lavender family of colors with this one. However, it really does look best with the petals in these colors. I tried a wide range of tones and colors for the blossoms, even sepia, and this is truly best given all the other areas of the picture also get changed. That is, I don't have any program sophisticated enough to select one shape or section, and change only the color on that one. With the programs I have at present, all colors get changed in a photo, along a proportionate spectrum.

Wish I could more readily get this watercolor painting effect when working with pix, but more often I find the photos degrading into those wonky little boxes. Haven't figured out what makes the difference, even after a couple of years of playing around with pictures this way. Well, it keeps the process lively. I never really know what to expect when I click on any particular function, or combinations thereof.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home